Monday, March 3, 2014

MAC Lipstick Swatches + Lip Swatches + Lip Combos ♡

I'm starting off my blog again with MAC lipsticks swatches! I've accumulated the majority of these this past month and thought I'd share it with you all. When looking for MAC Lipsticks, I use images of swatches to build a list so I can look for them at the store. Hopefully, this helps you in the same way!

*All photos are in natural lighting.


I will be describing each and everyone one of these colors and the texture of them.

*Note: These lipsticks won't look the exact same on you! We all have different lip shapes and pigmentation.
Sorry in advanced if the watermark bothers you.


Here are my natural lips with absolutely no product on them.


Honeylove (Matte):
This lipstick is the perfect everyday nude with a hint of peach. Great for pairing it with dark eye looks. Recommend it for fair to medium skin tones or it'll wash you out.



Angel (Frost):
This is one of MAC's cult favorites inspired by Kim Kardashian. It's pale pink, but still wearable. It is a frost but the shimmers aren't noticeable whatsoever. It has a nice shine finish but depending on your tone it can wash you out.



Crosswires (Cremesheen):
This lipstick is the perfect pink coral for spring and summer coming up. It is very wearable and universal to all skin tones. It's also moisturizing and comfortable to wear.


*Retro Matte lipsticks are going to be dryer and a little less wearable compared to the regular Matte formula. But they do appear more matte-looking which I love!


All Fired Up (Retro Matte):
This is a hot pink, almost red color. It looks very matte when you put it on and can be drying to some people. I absolutely love the look of very matte lipsticks so I don't mind it to be drying. Perfect for various skin tones.



Ruby Woo (Retro Matte): 
Another one of MAC's cult favorites. Absolutely the most perfect red, but definitely the most drying lipstick from MAC. When you put it on you can feel like you're dragging your lips but the end result is worth it! If it is drying, apply a lip balm prior to application. A universal red! 



Heroine (Matte):
And ANOTHER one of MAC's cult favorite that recently became apart of their permanent line! Heroine! Sounds very bad, but is an absolute gorgeous straight up purple lipstick. One of the most comfortable matte lipsticks I've tried. Glides on very nicely. Very universal for any skin tone.



Diva (Matte): 
Love this lipstick when I'm opting for a darker lip. It's a nice dark red color that's great for the fall and winter time, but I still like wearing it throughout any season. If you do not like the matte finish, "Darkside" from MAC is pretty much the same exact thing but an Amplified Creme finish which gives you more of a shine. Perfect for anyone that wants a dark lipstick!


Favorite MAC Lipstick Lip Combos:
  • Honeylove + Angel = Mid-toned nude
  • Honeylove + Diva = Mauve
  • Honeylove + Heroine = Lavender
  • Ruby Woo + Diva = Ombre Lips
*I basically use "Honeylove" to lighten and tone down any shades to adjust to my eye look.

Overall lip swatches:




Hope this was helpful to you! Thanks for taking the time to read and scroll through this post.

*Any question or comments? Feel free to comment down below or email me at csengpaseuth@yahoo.com*




No comments:

Post a Comment

Questions or comments? (: